The Database Administrator brings crucial database management and governance skills to Roland DGA’s business solutions and organization. The position will be responsible for developing, implementing, administrating, and maintaining Roland databases and the policies and procedures governing their access and use. Expertise in relational and multidimensional database schemas is a must.
Other aspects of the position include maintaining existing OLAP (online analytical processing) cubes, applying data mining algorithms, writing queries, and designing SSRS reports. Additional responsibilities range from aggregating data from multiple sources in an efficient data warehouse to designing best in class reports and charts that wow employees and our customers. The position will be responsible for all aspects of designing, installing, monitoring, maintaining, integrating and performance tuning of RDGA’s database systems for development, user acceptance testing and production environments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Provide DBA support and troubleshooting skills to Roland IS projects.
- Debug, monitor, and troubleshoot application databases as needed.
- Write relational, multidimensional database queries, and stored procedures.
- Create and deploy reporting and dashboard solutions that solve real world business needs
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Software Engineering preferred.
- Microsoft SQL Server Certifications a plus.
Must be familiar with current versions of Microsoft SQL (general database knowledge/experience), Application development experience in a Microsoft environment, Data Modeling/Relational Database Design
- Strong T-SQL and Stored Procedure coding abilities, familiarity with a .NET programming language extremely desirable
- Strong team working skills, an analytical nature, life-long learning and excellent written and oral communications skills are requirements for this position
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems with beta and new release software, and research possible solutions using the internet and other available resources
- Experience with data analysis and data modeling
- 2 - 5 years as a DBA with development and production support responsibilities
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server Analysis Services and Report Manager/Reporting Services, SQL Server (2008 and newer) experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in multi-dimensional databases (OLAP) preferred, but not required
Roland DGA Corporation complies with all fair employment regulations.
Roland DGA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a policy ensuring that all employees and potential employees are considered for all positions on the basis of their qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability or other legally protected status.
About Roland DGA
Click here to learn more about Roland DGA
Please send your resumes to HR@RolandDGA.com Please include your salary history and current salary requirement.
No phone calls please.